A keto burger means no bun, but there’s certainly no shortage of flavor! If you’re a meat lover, you need to try this quick and simple burger recipe that makes keto-friendly dinners a breeze, whether you’re on the keto diet yourself or are cooking for another.
Our keto-friendly restaurant is known for its meat, so we grind our own for our burger patties. Two patties go into each burger for our signature one pound burger, keto or not. However, you are able to use your choice of ground beef and preferred seasoning based on your preferences.
Another fun twist on this burger recipe would be to add jalapenos to the burger patties, or jazz it up with some of your favorite spices. To top this recipe off, simply finish your burger with all the fixings and a lettuce bun. We suggest Romaine lettuce for its hardiness.
- Ground New York filet with fat cap made into 2 patties; or choice of ground beef
- ½ an onion
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons wild mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices Applewood smoked bacon
- 1/2 an avocado
- Romaine lettuce for lettuce bun
- Salt and peppercorn, to taste
- Grind New York filet with fat cap and make it into 2 patties with preferred seasoning
- Cut ½ an onion and julienne
- Bring a sauté pan to medium-high heat
- Add 2 tablespoons of Canola oil to pan
- Toss onions in pan, letting them sweat and caramelize
- Bring 2 tablespoons of butter to medium heat in sauté pan
- Toss mushrooms and add a pinch of salt, pinch of peppercorn
- Cook mushrooms until tender, then rest
- Bake 2 slices of Applewood smoked bacon in oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes
- Cut ½ of an avocado into slices
- Plate with choice of lettuce bun; we suggest a hardy Romaine